“Do your due diligence.”If you’re thinking about buying a home, you should know the transaction will be a little bit more complicated than your average purchase. Today I’ll give you the steps of buying a home so you can be better prepared to jump into the market:
- Consult a real estate agent. Make sure the agent you hire knows your wants, needs, and time frame.
- Apply for a loan. By doing this, you’ll see how much you can get approved for and what sort of rate you’ll get. You want to make sure the monthly payment will be comfortable for your family.
- Look at the available homes that match your criteria. This step is when you’ll determine exactly what sort of home and neighborhood you want to be in.
- Submit an offer. Once you have found your dream home, your agent will submit an offer and negotiate your terms.
- Do your due diligence. Once your offer is accepted, you’ll need to do a variety of home inspections. An appraiser will also come out during this step to make sure the home is selling at fair market value.
- Send your loan package into the underwriters to get approved for your loan.
- Do a final walkthrough. You’ll want to make sure all the repairs have been done that the seller agreed to do. It’s your last chance to verify the condition of the property.
- Sign the documents.
- Pay the down payment and closing costs.
- Get the keys!
If you have any other questions about buying a home, please feel free to give me a call or send me an email. I look forward to hearing from you!