If you’re thinking about selling your home, I’ve got some great advice for you today. When you’re in the process of deciding on an agent to hire, there are five questions that you need to ask each candidate. Their answers will let you know who the best person for the job is. Here are the questions you need to ask:
1. How long have you been in the real estate business? This question is very important to ask because you want to know how much experience this agent has before you assign them to a big task. If they’ve never done this before or if their team is inexperienced, it may be a big concern later down the road.
2. What sort of marketing plans do you have for my home? The answer the agent gives to this question will show whether or not this agent knows what they are talking about. Not all homes will sell the same way. By asking these questions correctly during the interview process, it will help you immensely.
3. What types of professionals can you recommend to me? When you sell your home and move, the real estate agent isn’t the only person involved. You may need movers, handymen, or inspectors. The agent you hire should have a list of people they have worked with who also do a great job. When it comes down to needing guidance outside of selling your home, you want your agent to have it covered.
4. What can you guarantee me for your services? Now the pressure is on. You’ll be able to see by their body language and face if they are confident in their own work. If they are confident, that will shine through with a clear and concise answer.
5. Is there anything that I missed that I should have brought up?When you ask this question, if there is anything important that needs to be brought up, a good agent will do it and remind you about it. There are so many mechanics involved with selling your home that if you miss one little thing it may bring hiccups to the transaction.
Hopefully, from watching this video, you’ll be better able to determine who you should hire before you sell your next home. There are thousands of agents out there, but which one is right for you? If you have any questions for us at all about real estate or selling your home, don’t hesitate to give me a call or send me an email. I look forward to hearing from you soon.